- Transfer White Desert on the sea - Khaluf (36 min - 21 Km)
- We go to the fishermen's vilage of Khaluf. On low tide we drive all the way on the beach and we see hundreds of seabirds
Stop in Khaluf (1 h). Khaluf is a very picturesque fishing Beduin village : it feels like being at the far end of the world: old 4WD are covered with algaes and shells tow small boats coming back from fishing.
- Transfer Khaluf - Qihayd (village at the foot of the dunes and on seashore) (3 h - 300 Km)
- Transfer Qihayd - our camp in Wahiba Sands (4 hours - 180 Km)
- A spectacular crossing of the Wahiba Desert by 4WD. The track is usually well marked, but sometimes sand, blown by the wind, hides it. We start at the sea and cross the desert towards the North. The more we drive, the higher the longitudinal dune.
Sunset in the dunes (1 h). We start a walk across the dunes in the late afternoon. The heat isn't too strong anymore and the sunlight is the most beautiful. The setting sun always turns changing the sand and the shades into stunning colours. This is a great unforgettable time.
Safari Desert Camp. A very nice camp which lays the middle of the sand dunes, in a quiet and wild area. There is no electricity, which makes this camp more authentic. Tea, coffee, water and soft drinks are complimentary. There are also some nice lounges where you can relax and smoke sheesha. Arabic Tent with private bathroom. Arabic tents nicely done up as hotel rooms : bed, carpets, table, chairs. Private bathroom.. Breakfast and dinner at the hotel.